Sunday, April 1, 2012

Patience


… a trait I am trying to learn! I guess it is no coincidence that patience is so close in structure to patient. I tried to look up a bit of history on Google and learned little beyond the fact that the two words are commonly confused by English language learners!

How am I feeling? I have made great progress since I first arrived home. I am walking with more certainty and fewer balance issues. I am even walking outside twice a day and occasionally taking Ellie out. We cooked dinner last night. I took three times longer to chop vegetables and there were a few tears, but Dave stepped in at the end and made a beautiful meal out of my mess! It is challenging to write, type, do anything that involves fine control of my right side, but I am working on it. My right eye dries out very quickly and was at least partly responsible for the one-sided tears last night. My very last complaint is about the nights. I cannot get comfortable and currently I cannot sleep for longer than three-hour stretches. Overall, I feel very lucky. These are small problems to have, I could barely walk one week ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment