Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Month


It has been one month since my second surgery and it is turning out to be a busy week. I was finally able to get a haircut yesterday and today I went to the gym for the first time in a long time. On Thursday night we will stay with Dave’s parents and head to Boston early on Friday morning for an appointment at Mass Eye and Ear with another one of my surgeons.
This morning I was able to move the right side of my mouth, only a barely perceptible twitch, but it was pretty exciting for someone who has not been able to smile properly for a month. I may never have the same amount of facial movement that I had before, but it would be great to be less one-sided. Ultimately, I am grateful to be alive and any any facial movement is a true bonus at this point.
Next Monday I head back to the classroom!
Mandy 

No comments:

Post a Comment